Location and contact
Located on the Hawkesbury River accessible by water only, with chartered ferries departing from Patonga, Brooklyn or Palm Beach. Around one hour’s drive from Sydney to Brooklyn and then a short boat trip to the centre.
A stone’s throw:
- Patonga: A short ferry ride will take you to this sleepy fishing village, located at the south-western end of the Central Coast. The beach is a great place for families to relax, fish and picnic. You are also likely to come across the local pelican population.
- Australian Reptile Park: Pat a kangaroo, touch a giant python and watch a snake being milked for venom. See some of Australia's largest reptiles and enjoy a picnic in the grounds of the famous reptile park.
Broken Bay Sport and Recreation Centre
Hawkesbury River NSW 2083
C/o Post Office, Brooklyn NSW 2083
Phone 1800 644 049 or (02) 4349 0600
Fax (02) 4379 1201
The Centre provides a pick-up service from three wharf locations:
- Brooklyn wharf – Which is a short walk from Hawkesbury River train station on the Newcastle and Central Coast rail line
- Patonga wharf – Which is accessible via bus route number 54 which runs between Woy Woy and Umina.
- Palm Beach wharf – Which is accessible via bus route number L90/190 which runs between Central and Palm Beach.
Please contact the Centre if you’d like up-to-date travel information. Check 131500.com.au for full timetable information.
There is limited public parking at the three pick-up locations:
- Brooklyn public train station
- Palm Beach wharf
- Patonga Limited bus service and wharf.