Financial assistance and grants are available to sport and recreation organisations through a number of sources, including the Sport and Recreation grant programs.
In this section
- Sport and Recreation Events Program (OPEN NOW)
- The primary focus of the Sport and Recreation Events Program is to attract financially viable sporting events to NSW. The Program will provide funding for events that are international or national in focus, are recognised by the relevant sporting authority and provide an opportunity for talented athletes, officials and coaches to develop their skills through exposure to and participation in these events. The Program will also support events conducted in regional and rural areas that promote participation in sport and physical activity and provide a focal point for community building and engagement. Applications opened on 30 July 2014 and close on 26 September 2014.
- NSW Footy Facilities Fund (CLOSED)
- The NSW Footy Facilities Fund is an initiative of the National Rugby League (NRL) and the NSW Government and assists clubs improve the quality, availability and standard of their facilities.
The NSW Footy Facilities Fund aims to improve facilities for a variety of benefits including increasing participation, safety and security, environmental sustainability, social inclusion and building strong communities. Applications have closed.
- Safe Shooting Program (CLOSED)
- To assist shooting, hunting and collecting clubs meet Work Health and Safety obligations and compliance requirements as assessed by the NSW Firearms Registry. Applications have closed.
- Sports Development Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The FAQs clarify matters that have been raised by organisations intending to make a grant funding submission.