Financial assistance and grants are available to sport and recreation organisations through a number of sources, including the Sport and Recreation grant programs.
In this section
- Participation and Facility Program
- The focus of this program is to provide increased opportunities for participation in sport and recreation and assist with the funding for the development of local and regional level sport and recreation facilities in NSW. Applications are now open and close on 2 April, 2014.
- Sport and Recreation Events Program
- The primary focus of the Sport and Recreation Events Program is to attract financially viable sporting events to NSW. The Program will provide funding for events that are international or national in focus, are recognised by the relevant sporting authority and provide an opportunity for talented athletes, officials and coaches to develop their skills through exposure to and participation in these events. The Program will also support events conducted in regional and rural areas that promote participation in sport and physical activity and provide a focal point for community building and engagement. Dates for when applications must be submitted for additional rounds: 16 March 2014 (for events planned after late-April 2014), and 13 June 2014 (for events planned after late-July 2014).
- Safe Shooting Program
- To assist shooting, hunting and collecting clubs meet Work Health and Safety obligations and compliance requirements as assessed by the NSW Firearms Registry. Applications closed at 5pm on 19 February 2014.
- Sports Development Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The FAQs clarify matters that have been raised by organisations intending to make a grant funding submission.