Financial assistance and grants are available to sport and recreation organisations through a number of sources, including the Sport and Recreation grant programs.
In this section
- Sport and Recreation Events Program (CLOSED)
- The primary focus of the Sport and Recreation Events Program is to attract financially viable sporting events to NSW. The Program will provide funding for events that are international or national in focus, are recognised by the relevant sporting authority and provide an opportunity for talented athletes, officials and coaches to develop their skills through exposure to and participation in these events. The Program will also support events conducted in regional and rural areas that promote participation in sport and physical activity and provide a focal point for community building and engagement. Applications closed on 26 September 2014.
- Surf Club Facility Program (OPEN NOW)
- The primary focus of this program is to assist with the funding for the development of local surf life saving clubs. The program aims to increase the availability, standard and quality of surf life saving clubs in NSW for the benefit of their members and the wider community. Applications opened on 19 September and close on 17 October 2014.
- Safe Shooting Program (OPEN)
- To assist shooting, hunting and collecting clubs meet Work Health and Safety obligations and compliance requirements as assessed by the NSW Firearms Registry. Applications opened on 22 September and close on 24 October 2014.
- NSW Footy Facilities Fund (CLOSED)
- The NSW Footy Facilities Fund is an initiative of the National Rugby League (NRL) and the NSW Government and assists clubs improve the quality, availability and standard of their facilities.
The NSW Footy Facilities Fund aims to improve facilities for a variety of benefits including increasing participation, safety and security, environmental sustainability, social inclusion and building strong communities. Applications have closed.
- Sports Development Program
- The Sports Development Program is designed to assist eligible State sporting organisations and peak industry bodies to work in partnership with the State Government to develop their sport and recreation activities at all levels in NSW. This program provides a flexible system of financial support, which responds to the priorities of organisations and is consistent with government policies and priorities.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The FAQs clarify matters that have been raised by organisations intending to make a grant funding submission.
Grants from Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing