Orientation to managing sports teams (level 1 distance learning course) (0064422)
Orientation to managing sports teams is ideal for people who are working with team
sports or with individual athletes making up a team at the school, junior local club or at
a regional level. The program can be used as the basis for learning to manage a sports
team at the more elite levels.
The program covers:
- Roles and responsibilities of a sports team manager
- The junior sports environment, including building the history and culture of the sport
- Understanding child protection and anti-harassment policies
- Codes of behaviour in sport, including junior sport
- Understanding and working with athletes
- Being organised and the team managers toolkit
- Working with people and organisations
- Athlete nutrition.
This course is completed by distance learning. Particpants have three months to complete the workshop from the time of receiving workbook and manual.
Once workbook is fully completed it must be posted to NSW Sport and Recreation. Once marked, a certificate will be issued to the successful participant along with the workbook.
- Cost: $69
- Program number: 0064422
- Enrolment form: Orientation to managing sports teams (level 1 distance learning course) enrolment form
How to enrol
You can enrol into our programs by phone, fax, mail or in person. Please ensure you have read our booking terms and conditions.
- Online: Complete the enrolment form.
- By phone: Call
(02) 9006 3710
If this course has an enrolment cost, please have your credit card details ready (Visa, Mastercard).
- Print the enrolment form and submit by:
- Mail: Complete the enrolment form and if this course has an enrolment cost, include your credit card details, a cheque or money order. Mail to: Sport and Recreation,
Locked Bag 1422, Silverwater NSW 2128.
- Fax: Complete the enrolment form and fax to
(02) 9006 3883
For courses that have an enrolment cost please ensure you include your credit card details for payment.
- In person: Visit 84 Crown Street, Wollongong 2500 or your closest office.
Booking terms and conditions
- The fee must accompany the enrolment, otherwise the enrolment will not be accepted.
- Enrolment is necessary prior to the commencement of the program to secure your place.
- A receipt confirming the details of your booking will be issued after payment has been received.
- If a request for a refund is made within seven (7) days of the program commencement, no refund of program fees will be given (including GST).
- If a request for a refund is made (and a written request received) seven (7) days or more prior to the program commencement, a refund will be given less a 20% administration fee of the total program fee (including GST).
- Refunds will not be given for partial attendance.
- Refunds will be paid at the completion of the program.
Sport and Recreation reserves the right to cancel a program/s. Every effort will be made to give reasonable notice to those who have enrolled when a program is cancelled. Those enrolled will be given a full refund.
Note: Prices and other program details quoted on this site are current at the date of publication (errors and omissions excepted). Prices may vary without notice. Sport and Recreation reserves the right to cancel or alter its programs without notice. Every effort will be made to give notice or find alternative programs for customers who have booked and paid. Please contact us if you have any questions.